May 10, 2011

sketch number three

A new sketch went up yesterday in the


I am so happy to announce that Fiskars is sponsoring this month's Stretch Your Sketches Challenge!

So in addition to winning a free copy of my eBook Stretch Your Sketches, the winner of this month's challenge will also win this prize


It features the large and extra large cloud punches from Fiskars. It also includes corresponding cloud stamps from Studio Calico, exclusive Studio Calico patterned papers and a happy mix of spring-themed papers and embellishments.

Isn't that a great prize?


I want to share the layout that I made from this week's sketch


Journaling reads:  We are fortunate to live so close to such an amazing zoo and since we have a membership we can go several times a year.  You boys love seeing the animals but your favorites are the monkeys and the giraffes.

We have been to the zoo many times since first moving to the San Diego area four years ago and this is the first layout I've made of any trip.  It was about time don't you think?! 

Visit The Daily Trumpet to see the sketch that inspired the layout.  I also want to note that this month because of Spring Training the sketches will be posted on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. The schedule will return to normal next month with sketches being posted every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from June through September. For those who are new to the series you can read more about it here.


Joining me this week in the challenge is fellow Ella Friend, Jenni Hufford.  The layout she made from the sketch this week is so fun and colorful.  I love Jenni's style - be sure to visit the blog to see her layout!  Ever since Junior High School, Jenni Hufford has enjoyed cutting and pasting pictures into memory books and collages (even if it was magazine pictures of her favorite 90210 characters) . It wasn't until the birth of her first child in 2006 that she began fully creating layouts and scrapbooking.

Jenni lives in Indianapolis, IN and is married to Todd. She is a stay at home mother to Jonah James (5 years) and Jordan Nicole (3 years). She enjoys applying the creative aspect of scrapbooking into every day activities with her family. In addition to scrapbooking Jenni's hobbies include photography, cooking, blogging, traveling with her husband, and spending time with her close knit extended family and friends.

She currently designs for Lily Bee Design and for Ella Publishing.  You can visit her blog at:  the {Hufford House} 


I do hope you will join in the fun!  There were a lot of great entries last month and I always love seeing how different people interpret my sketches.  Don't forget to grab a button for your own blog using the code below:









 I can't wait to see your layouts! =)

2 comments:

  1. I'm finally jumping on board! i'll post my page, soon.

    now, I am very jealous b/c I just read in the wcs may gallery that you go to In n Out EVERY sunday?@?@?!!! man, I'm going to be thinking of you this Sunday. I love that place and it's been 4 yrs since my last burger there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the LO that's up today! I love how you combined the patterned papers, border punched edges, clouds and everything. It was such a simple sketch but the LO is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...