May 9, 2011

it's a good day

Did you have a happy Mother's Day?  I did.  Actually, my sweets made sure that I had a not just a great day, but a great weekend.  It was lovely.

{The carnations the boys bought for me after mass.}

I know it's been a bit quiet around here.  Yes, I had a wonderful weekend, but it was not without its sorrows too.  Mother's Day will always mean something different to me now because of Michael.  I do miss him.  How could I not?  Some days are still harder than others.  Actually, if I were being completely forthcoming I would tell you that some weeks are still harder than others.  But I know that Michael hears my prayers and intercedes for me.  He has been able to bring me comfort in moments when I truly needed it.  I love my sweet and precious boy.

Towards the end of last week the boys started to come down with colds; me too.  We are all feeling better now - thankfully, because this week will be another busy one.  But again, in a fun way.  My parents are coming to visit and I have more than a few things to get done before they get here.  The boys are so excited to see their grandma and grandpa.  From Texas.  Gabe is always very sure to tell anyone who shows even the slightest bit of interest that he has two grandmas and two grandpas and that one grandma and grandpa live in Texas and his other grandma and grandpa live in New Jersey.  And you have to take an airplane to see them.  Because New Jersey is far away (so is Texas of course, but he hasn't been there since he was a baby).  It's endearing the way the he talks about them; he loves them so much. 

I'll just share one last thing before I go, this photo of Gabe holding the newspaper he and Glen made for me. 


Can you guess who is who in that little drawing?  I'll give you a clue, I have naturally curly hair. =)  This one thing alone pretty much made my day. 

Well, I need to get to that to-do list.  I'm sort of looking forward to it.  I know.  I'm strange.  I actually enjoy cleaning.  Well, sometimes. =)

Until next time, God bless.

3 comments:

  1. {{{{hugs}}}} from my experiences the lost-child ache never does go away, but in the end you don't want it to. It IS sharper on Mother's Day, even with your other children. You still want the lost one. more hugs...I'm glad your husband made the weekend special for you and I loved the drawing! Those are the best gifts I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the ache does not go away, the possibilities we'll never see bloom. But I am ever thankful for the ones that I got to keep with me to hug and love and squeeze and nurture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and prayers to you, Donna. LOVE that newspaper they created. so very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...