April 28, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

Thought I'd take a break from spring training to post a few photos from our Easter weekend.  We had a very lovely Easter. Fun, peaceful and joyful.

On Friday night I boiled the eggs to be colored the next day


I thought they looked rather pretty, don't you? 

The next day we went to an Easter egg hunt at our neighbor's house.



I tried to snap a photo of the boys together. 



This is always a challenge.  I took about 8 or 9 photos and these are the best.  Only because they make me laugh!  Let's just say these two photos say quite a bit about these two boys' individual personalities.

After the party, after lunch, and once Nathan had gone down for his nap we colored eggs.


This was our first time coloring brown eggs.   It was an interesting experience.  Some of the colors turned out quite well, very pretty and saturated.  Others were too dark for my liking.  I think next year we'll be sure to get white eggs.  If you look very closely you might be able to see the AT-AT that Gabe drew onto the orange egg with the wax crayon. =)




I didn't take any photos on Easter.  We got up on Sunday morning and had our usual breakfast of steel-cut oats.  We tried to get dressed a little bit early so that we could make it to mass a bit early, we succeeded.  After mass we came home and had a simple lunch.  Then we went to the cemetery and brought flowers to Michael's grave.  His grave marker is finally in place.  They told us it would take a long time, that it was a long process: the ordering, the making, the engraving.  And it is finally done.  It was the first time we had all gone together to visit his grave and it was the first time for us to see his grave marker.  There is no need for a photograph.  I'll just tell you, it's beautiful.  It is exactly what I wanted and maybe this might sound strange to some, but it makes me happy that it is there. 


Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name: you are mine. 
Isaiah 43:1



See the rest of the links at  Like Mother, Like Daughter.


IMG_8896-3
 

Until next time.  Peace and God bless.

3 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures of the boys! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yakota AFB is not too far from our home! Glad to hear that you have good memories of living in Japan.

    Your boys are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you were able to visit Michael's grave together on Easter—what a meaningful time for you to mark your first visit as a family.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...