April 7, 2011

peet stop

Why yes, I am watching the movie Cars with Gabe.  Nathan is napping and I...  am just a little tired and ready for Friday.  It's been one of those weeks.  I'm not complaining about it.  Because it hasn't been a bad week at all, it's just been a little blah and everyone seems to be out of sorts. 

I think we might need a vacation.  My sweets suggested it last night, and just thinking about it makes me tear up a bit.  Yeah, the last three months have been hard and a little break might be just the thing we all need.

For now though, I'll direct you to the April gallery for Write.Click.Scrapbook.  The theme for this month is {Im}Perfect.  We were challenged to scrapbook those not-so-great photos we all have.  And we do all have them.  But as the gallery this month shows, you really shouldn't let those less than perfect photographs keep you from telling your stories. 

My layout for this month features some photos from an adventure our family took in our quest for East Coast style pizza.  In case you are unfamiliar with it, I think it is best described as thin crust, not too much sauce, not too much cheese.  I didn't grow up eating it, but my husband did.  It would probably be better if he described it, but he doesn't have a blog, so you'll just have to take my word for it. =)


Journaling reads:  In search of great East Coast style pizza we headed to Pizzeria Luigi after seeing it featured on “Guy’s Big Bite.” Located in the Golden Hills neighborhood of San Diego, it’s a bit of a drive from where we currently live. The pizza was excellent though and we enjoyed a calzone almost as good as those in New Jersey; the boys loved it too. All around it was a great trip. November 11, 2010

A few notes: I took the photos on this page using my point-and-shoot camera.  I do like this camera, but I still don't know how to use it all that well.  I definitely take better pictures with my SLR camera than I do with my point-and-shoot and not because the SLR is a better camera (even if it is a better camera).  It is because I use my SLR more often and have more familiarity with the menu and setting options.  The only time I don't like my point-and-shoot is when I have to take photos in low-light situations.  These photos were taken inside the pizza restaurant, so yeah, indoors with poor lighting. The shots came out dark and some had some motion blur. I worked around this mostly by printing the photos rather small; the largest size photo on this layout is 3x4 inches. Also, I didn’t want a dark patterned paper competing with the dark photos and so I chose to use a light colored background for the photos and used the colored patterned paper only as a border.

I know I say this every month, and it is because I mean it every month.  The gallery is just so full of inspiration - you must visit!  I want to leave you with this, you don't have to have the newest or the latest products to scrapbook.  You don't have to own lots of cool tools and gadgets.  You don't have to have the best photos either.  You just have to want to tell your story.  Remember, there is no one right way to scrapbook

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post, Donna. So true: there is no one right way to scrapbook. Love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, Donna. I am from NY so I totally understand the quest for a good slice. We still travel 20 minutes or so back to my home town to get the best pizza even if the town I live in has more than a dozen pizzerias! It's great that you told this story!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...