April 11, 2011

it's going to be a busy week

I'm both excited about that fact and little apprehensive about it too.  I don't like to be busy for the sake of being busy, and I try to keep my daily list of tasks manageable, but sometimes having a long to-do list is just unavoidable.  Some things just have to be done! 

I probably won't be posting much this week.  Actually, I must confess that I cannot keep up with my current blogging pace.  I know posting once a week is too few blog posts, but 4-5 times a week is too many, for me at least.  I think I need to find that happy medium, maybe 2-3 posts every week.  Something I can actually do without wearing myself out.  I have never felt entirely comfortable in this world of blogging, but I think I'm finally finding my way.  Bear with me as I work on these details.

How about I start off this week with some scrapbooking inspiration?  There are a few things I want to share with you starting with a layout that I made for fellow WCSer Erin Sweeney who was hosting the blog last week.  One of her posts was on challenging yourself to step outside of your usual style or comfort zone.  I took up the challenge of using a product that I don't normally use, rub-ons.


If you remember, I took Amy's Bits and Pieces challenge a couple of weeks back and I did so mainly for the rub-on part of the challenge.  I don't really know why, but I hardly ever use them. Because of that I hardly ever buy them anymore either - I have to be really tempted by the design.  I tried to resist these days of the week rub-ons from Studio Calico but I eventually caved and bought them.  Since a lot of what I tend to scrapbook is our everyday lives I figured I'd have a good chance of using them.  For this page I collected lots of my favorite shots from this spring so far.  These simple everyday moments are a huge part of why I scrapbook. 

As I was working on this layout and selecting the photos I realized that I actually had quite a few photos from this spring that I really loved.  I was inspired to start a mini-album to collect them all in one place and maybe journal a few thoughts about them too.  Talk about good timing!  This week happens to be mini-album week at Write.Click.Scrapbook.  Join fellow collective member Monika Wright and other members of the team as they share a week full of mini-album inspiration. 

The week is a collaboration between WCS and Jenni Bowlin Studios


Visit the JBS Inspiration blog all week long too as members of their design team play along and share their own mini-album ideas.  It's going to be a great week!


Finally, registration begins today for Ella's 12-day Spring Training Extravaganza running from April 25th through May 7, 2011


*Early-bird special - Register by April 15th and use code 8ELLA to save $8 on your registration!*

What is Spring Training?
  • Four expert coaches:  Angie Lucas on journaling, Wendy Smedley on inspiration, Tammy Tutterow on techniques, and Kelly Willette on photography
  • 12 exclusive videos, one per day featuring coached training exercises (watch for 10 minutes, "exercise" for 10 minutes)
  • A daily layout challenge based on the daily exercise
  • Daily giveaways from our event sponsors including Big Picture Classes, Jenni Bowlin, Little Yellow Bicycle, and more!
  • Exclusive downloads and offers
  • Access to the videos for a full 60 days after the event ends
Note:  Participation is FREE in the daily layout challenge and giveaway (without access to the videos, hands-on exercises, and exclusive downloads)

Visit the registration page and watch the introduction video for more details about this fun event!

I think that's all for today - that's a lot! 

What's on your to-do list for this week?  Anything fun planned or is it all chores?  Whatever it is, I hope you have a blessed week.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...