March 1, 2011

Procrastinate No Longer

This photo of Gabe is from last summer:


It was taken just a few weeks after we moved into our new house.  Because our move was so close to Gabe's birthday we didn't really get a chance to properly celebrate.  So as a surprise we took him and Nathan strawberry picking.  To say that Gabe loved this outing would be an understatement.  He can be so funny sometimes because so often in the midst of an activity you can't tell if he is having fun or not.  But something we've learned is that he is just absorbing it all.  Observing.  Ask him about this trip today and he will tell you everything in great detail.  He will also tell you how much fun he had.

I couldn't wait to scrapbook the photos I took that day.  I wanted to capture the memories of that day and hold them down so they would always stay with me.  The strawberry farm we visited is very close to the coast and we enjoyed the warmth of the summer sun and a lovely sea breeze.  It was such a glorious day.

I still haven't scrapbooked it. 

I started... I made this page of Nathan several months back:


who had as much fun as Gabe, if not a bit more.  Although he was quite the little thief, there was no stopping him!

But I've never told the full story.  I'm working on it.  I've got the photos printed and a sketch all picked out and it's gonna happen... soon.  In the meantime, I wanted to at least get Gabe's story down on paper.  His quiet seriousness:


Gabe was very careful about which berries to pick, selecting only the finest. =)  When his bucket was all full he was so proud and was quite adamant that I take a picture.  As for the whole story of our trip with all the details, it will get told.  Like I said, I'm working on it and I'm not going to put it off any longer.

This month the gallery at write.click.scrapbook. is all about the stories, layouts, and projects we've been meaning to tell or make.  As scrapbookers we have all sorts of reasons for putting things off.  Hopefully this month's gallery will inspire you to finish those pages and tell those stories.  You'll feel better if you do.  I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Love the layouts - they are so cute! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...