March 31, 2011

keeping my promises

It's been a busy week for me.  Can you believe I've blogged everyday this week?  So far.  It's unprecedented. =) 

I've been spending a lot of time in my craft space working on some projects and layouts.  Of course only after I've performed my duties. 

I have something really fun in the works, but I don't want to say too much about it now.  I can share with you this, two things I love, a cup of coffee in my favorite mug and photos waiting to be scrapbooked


And don't judge me, but I like my coffee with a lot of half & half.  Around here we call it "coffee flavored milk." 

I think I also promised you another layout today?  This one was hard to do, but I'm going to share it you anyway.  I made it just after Michael had passed away and at the time, I didn't really know if I would be able to scrapbook again or at least, I didn't know when I'd be able to scrapbook again.  A huge part of why I scrapbook is to celebrate and remind myself of all of God's blessings in my life - and there are many.  I am humbled by them everyday.  At the time, it wasn't that I couldn't see the blessings in my life or didn't recognize them, it's just that it was hard to think about those things while simultaneously feeling such pain.  Knowing you are loved and blessed and yet feeling such deep sorrow is perhaps part of the mystery of grief.

It was surprising to me then, when just after we lost Michael I felt a pull to create something.  I knew that I wanted to create something that reminded me of something very good in my life.  A gift.  And so I made this layout


but I didn't add any journaling to it at the time.

Every time I went to add journaling, well, I simply couldn't do it.  It just reminded me too much of the pain I was feeling when I made this page.

But, just under two weeks ago Glen and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary and I took that opportunity to finally put down some thoughts:

You and I have been married for six years.
In that time, we’ve shared a lot of happy wonderful memories together,
more than I could count.
But the years haven’t been without their sorrows.
Through it all, I have been so grateful that God gave you to me.
I am so very blessed to live my life with you. March 2011

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do much of anything without Glen.  I'm also pretty sure that God knew what he was doing when he brought the two of us together.

Until next time, God Bless. =)

2 comments:

  1. This layout is just beautiful, Donna. And the journaling? perfect. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, I have a lot to catch up on! I love that you put that much half and half in your coffee. I think that's the only way I could drink it. I love the smell, but it just doesn't mix well in my tummy. i'm a tea drinker.
    beautiful lo, my dear. just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...