March 8, 2011

Are you ready?

I'm not. 

Ash Wednesday is tomorrow.  Tomorrow!  In fact, just a few hours away.  And I still don't know what I am doing for Lent.  It's not as if I haven't had time to think about it, Lent begins late this year.  Yet, every time I think about what I should do, what I should "give up"... well, I cannot say it, but maybe you can guess. 

In my weak moments, which are frequent, I ask myself, "What does He want from me?"  Because sometimes I'm not so sure.

Here's the thing, He wants it all.  All of it.  Our hearts, our minds, our souls.  He wants for us to be totally and completely dependent upon Him. 

How hard was last week's reading? 

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life

Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life span?

But seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given you besides.

I don't know about you, but these words hit close to home for me.  Even after all that has happened, am I ready to surrender?  Completely?  It is hard and it is painful.

But tomorrow morning I will wake up and I will start the day with these words:

Gracious and merciful is the Lord;
let us turn to him with our whole heart.

We will go to mass, receive ashes and I will keep these words in my heart for the next 40 days:

Come, let us to the Lord our God
With contrite hearts return;
Our God is gracious nor will leave
The desolate to mourn.

Long has the night of sorrow reigned,
The dawn shall bring us light.
God shall appear, and we shall rise,
With gladness in his sight.


2 comments:

  1. good words I will carry in my heart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Lent will be a season of peace for you this year especially, Donna. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...