January 1, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

We're home!  The reason I've been away from my blog for so long is that we were in New Jersey to spend Christmas with my husband's family.  We had a wonderful time, but it's always good to be back home (goodness, there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed!)  I'll try to post a few photos and some details of our trip next week.

While I was away I wanted to take the opportunity to step away from my blog and the internet in general and hence, while I could have posted from my in-laws house in the end I decided against it.  I did check my email and visit Studio Calico every now and then.  It was my birthday last month and I decided to treat myself to an add-on, a rarity for me. =)

So, we're home and I'm sure it will take a few days to get back into our routines.  I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I kind of strive on routine.  Not a strict one, but I like when our lives follow a rhythm. 

There is so much to share, I have some posts in my head that need to get written and posted.  For now, I'll leave you with this, my contribution to the WCS January Gallery:


I wrote a few weeks ago that I thought our baby would be a girl.  Obviously, I was wrong. =) 

This month's gallery features the black and white photo.  I thought it was the perfect opportunity to scrapbook the first image of our new baby.  This layout was made almost entirely from Studio Calico's December kit, Metropolitan.  Now, SC doesn't need my help selling kits, they do well enough I am certain.  I will say that this is one of my favorite kits, not just of 2010, but since I started subscribing.  I just checked and as of this writing this kit is still available, which is surprising.  There are four exclusive SC papers in this kit and they are all so colorful and happy I couldn't resist using all of them on this page.  I thought they were a great contrast to the black and white images.

Until next time, wishing you and your family a blessed and happy new year!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Donna! I am glad he is healthy & doing well. Your layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! My husband says I should refer to you as Uncle Charlie now; I'm not sure I get it, but best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hooray for boy #3! I love it and the layout, too! looking forward to "meeting" your new little guy, it will be here before you know it! deep breathes, don't fret!
    I thrive on routine as well and we're back into school as of today! hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...