January 30, 2011

Matthew 5:4

It's hard for me to know what to write here.  So many things happen when you are expecting a child.  You begin to make room for them.  In your life, in your home, and in your heart.  Life is so different now and I am having to learn to adjust. 

I wrote the following in an email to friends just after Michael had passed, but I wanted to share it here too: 

"I know some would find what I'm about to say strange, or maybe not even believe that such a thing is possible, but I have never felt abandoned by God throughout this journey so far.  And I have felt at times great comfort and peace knowing that there are others out there supporting us through prayer.  I want to thank you all for this.  Even in this time of great pain and sorrow Glen and I have felt blessed; particularly we have been so grateful for God's mercy towards us."

It is still quite true.  I have not felt abandonment.  I have known His mercy. 

Today at mass we read the beatitudes.  I didn't know that this would be the gospel reading this week.  It was coincidence then, or perhaps not, that this one beatitude in particular has been on my mind all week:

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.


I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has reached out to me and my family during this difficult time.  I have been so touched by the many messages I have received over the last couple of weeks.  I have been uplifted by your prayers and by your kindness.  I have been so thankful for them.  I have indeed been comforted.  So thank you.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, continue to comfort this family in their time of greatest need of your healing hands. Guide them through their grief and hold their precious baby close to Your heart.

    Sweet Donna, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know this pain. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, I've been thinking about you still. I'm glad the verse gave you comfort.

    I also have to apologize, I think: I used my husband's iPad last week to comment on here, but it probably showed up as his moniker, Wookiee Daddee. Just in case you wondered who that was. Hopefully it didn't worry you, and hopefully it will make you smile a little.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...