November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I mentioned in my post the other day that I wanted to keep this Thanksgiving very simple, food wise at least.  Since it will be just the four of us this year, and since two of those four have very small bellies there isn't much point in making lots and lots of food.  Yet, it is a feast day and so menus are in order and preparations have to be made.  This year we are having a somewhat non-traditional menu.  I feel very lucky that my husband is not set on having certain dishes every year, year after year.  There is nothing wrong with traditions, I completely understand the pull towards that and we keep a bit of tradition too.  But we have always experimented a bit with different recipes and side dishes, and honestly I have always found it to be kind of fun and adventurous - in a safe, non-dangerous sort of adventuresome way.  =)  This year we'll be having this bay and lemon brined turkey which we've made before and loved, potatoes gratin, glazed carrots, my mom's cornbread dressing, popovers and for dessert, pumpkin cheesecake.  Oh, I almost forgot about the cranberry sauce.  And I do love cranberry sauce. 

As to what this holiday is really about, well, I'm not always so great at putting my feelings into words, or at least, putting those words out into the greater world.  That's the introvert in me.  There are so many things to be thankful for this year and without going into too much detail I can say that I feel blessed and happy and joyful this Thanksgiving.  Do we ever deserve God's blessings?  Most likely not.  But I am truly grateful for all that he gives us. 


Happy Thanksgiving and God's blessings to all of you!!


Also, please see the post below for details about Ella's Thanksgiving sale as well as the giveaway of Ella's latest eBook, Double-Page Design.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious! I failed to make the pumpkin scones this morning for Gordon, but I WILL soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Great family picture! Hope you had a lovely and simple Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...