November 12, 2010

Celebrate Friendship with Ella Friends

Today me along with the rest of the Ella Friends are hosting a blog hop!  Join us as we each share a layout, card or other project that celebrates friendship.  As I was thinking about what I wanted to share with you my mind naturally wandered towards - food!  After all, November is the month we celebrate Thanksgiving, spend time with our family and friends and share our favorite foods together.  I thought what better to share with my friends than my favorite fall recipes, specifically my favorite pumpkin recipes (we do love pumpkin around here).  Along with the recipes I want to share an envelope book that I made to hold photos of each dish along with the corresponding recipe cards.  Here is the cover of my book:


The book was inspired by this tutorial found on Martha Stewart's website.  The great thing about this little book is that it is so versatile and would make a wonderful gift for a special friend.  You can use the envelopes to house any number of items:  ephemera, photos, or letters.  You could also use this idea to make a gift book for someone and include special notes or gift cards in each envelope.  Or do what I've done and include your favorite recipes to share with a friend or family member.  The possibilities are limitless.

Getting to the details, the front of my envelopes are very simply embellished with labels that detail the contents:


And as I said above, my envelopes contain a photo card and the corresponding recipe card (or cards) for each dish:


Here is a link to the pumpkin scone recipe which inspired our family's version:  Starbucks Pumpkin Scones.  We do make some adjustments to this recipe, my husband is sort of a scone expert - in my opinion - he's perfected this recipe to his tastes, but I don't feel right taking credit for the recipe and so I'm sharing the original with you.  If you love the pumpkin scones at Starbucks, you'll love this recipe.

Other recipes that are included in this book are my favorite pumpkin bread pudding, penne with creamy pumpkin sauce and this pumpkin cheesecake.  I did include a few empty envelopes so that I could add more recipes later if I wanted to.  Again, we do love pumpkin in this house so I'm sure we'll discover more favorite recipes as the years go by.  =)

In addition to sharing this little recipe book with you I wanted to take this opportunity to share Ella's newest eBook with you:


About this eBook:

Journaling is hard. Even for professional writers, deciding what to say on a layout can be truly challenging, let alone figuring out how to make it authentic, creative, and meaningful. But struggle no more, because help is on the way!

Journaling that Matters is packed with 51 easy tips to help you write from the heart without breaking a sweat. You'll love the expert advice, inspirational layouts, practical tips, and timeless suggestions that are suitable for writers of all levels—from the most experienced journalers to the most insecure. Kelly, Angie, and their eight talented contributors will help you unlock important stories and tell them with confidence. Also featuring the work of: Linda Barber, Moon Ko, Donna Jannuzzi, Layle Koncar, Audrey Neal, Keshet Shenkar, Wendy Smedley, and Stephanie Wheeler.


If you'd like a chance to win a copy of Journaling That Matters leave me a comment telling me your favorite thing to share with your friends.  I'll leave the comments open until Sunday (11/14) midnight PST.  The winner will selected at random and announced sometime on Monday.

Be sure to visit the blogs of the Ella Friends and see all of the wonderful projects that the team has put together.  An extra incentive - more than one of us is doing a giveaway!  There are lots of chances to win something fun this weekend.




I want to mention that the comments on my blog are moderated.  But, I will be checking-in often to update the comment thread.  Don't worry.  As long as your comment is entered before 12am on Sunday you'll be included in the drawing.  Thanks! =)

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project! Thanks so much for sharing. It's been a pleasure getting to know you better over the last couple of months and look forward to those ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to win...thanks for the giveaway! My favorite thing to share with friends is a good glass of wine...love the recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my best friend live in other city... when I go here I spend many time with my friend...
    thanks for the chance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the book, what a cute way to showcase the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to share wine and good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two of your pumpkin recipes saved to try! If you have not, please try some pumpkin pancakes. YUM! I like to share conversation with my friends. Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! I have been wanting to do a recipe book forever . . . someday I'll get around to it. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your book and the recipe photo looks so yummy!! Happy Ella Friend Day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all about the socialization...my friends and I love home cooked meals so I love to cook for them :) and some wine thrown in never hurts :0

    that's a nice recipe book and the photos are like a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project!
    I love to share food (and drinks!) with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous book Donna!! What a great gift idea for the holidays - I'm going to have to lift this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy sharing time with my friends. We're all so busy these days, that it is a special thing to meet for dinner or even make time to actually talk on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute book! I like meeting up with friends and scrap!! Hadly get any scrapping done, but hey, you are surrounded by great company...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joining you from the blog hop, love the recipe book

    ReplyDelete
  15. great project and I love to share books and time with friends

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love sharing ideas for parenting or home life with friends. :-)
    Amy in CA

    ReplyDelete
  17. donna, this is a wonderful little book!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like to just spend and share time with my friends. Love just hanging out, scrapping and talking and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love spending time crafting at a crop night with my friends-making cards, layouts whatever. It's a hobby we all have in common and it gives us an excuse to hang out for 5 hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, those are gorgeous photos Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...