November 20, 2010

another month, gone too quickly

I can hardly believe that November is almost over.  It seems that we just went to the pumpkin patch.  And yet, these photos are almost a month old now:






That last one has a lot of motion blur. I didn't have the lens with me that I normally use, and Nathan is just too quick - always.  But, I love the moment that it captured.  He was so proud carrying that little pumpkin back to the car. =)

I am trying to savor these last days of November.  Today we did a little Thanksgiving shopping.  Originally, weren't going to have turkey this year, I know.  But I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and the turkeys were just calling my name.  My sweets really wanted to have ham, but since his birthday is coming up on the 30th we settled on a compromise - turkey for Thanksgiving, ham for his birthday.  Oh, and we were lucky to find a very small bird, 10.5 lbs.  Probably the smallest turkey I've ever cooked, but I am completely fine with that.  I'm trying to keep things simple since it will only be the four of us this year.  This year, for some reason more than in previous years, I'm really looking forward to having a long, quiet and restful Thanksgiving weekend with my husband and family.  Don't get me wrong, I always love a long weekend, but somehow it seems like it couldn't have come at a better time. 

Finally, before I go, if you want to focus on this week (rather than peeking ahead and looking to that other very important holiday coming up) and you're looking for ways to prepare for, celebrate, share or record your Thanksgiving you can visit the posts from this past week over at write.click.scrapbook. starting with this post on creating a Book of Thanks.  There are lots of ideas for making your Thanksgiving a creative and memorable one.

Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...