October 28, 2010

Catching-up

I can hardly believe that October is almost over. 


It's been such a full and busy month for us.  We've had activities nearly every weekend of this month, and the one weekend we didn't have something planned - we planned on cleaning and catching-up on chores and shopping and general house maintenance.  And that weekend it all went a bit pear-shaped.  My husband and I were moving a dresser and apparently I strained a muscle in my back.  I didn't feel it at the time, but I definitely felt it the next evening.  I spent all of last week on the couch, only getting up to do the most basic and necessary tasks (like making meals for the boys or changing diapers).  Other things like laundry or grocery shopping, yeah, those things didn't happen.  I will say that I am glad that I have learned to keep my pantry and freezer stocked with our favorite items so that I could still make dinner at home even at times like last week when a simple shopping trip are just not possible.  (I will also say that even though I am feeling much better, it still hurts to drive.  My seats are just not good for my back and I'm thinking I need to get a small pillow for back support while driving from now on).  So this week has been catch-up week.  Again.  I feel like I'm doing that a lot lately.  But, I did make some serious progress the last couple of days and the house is beginning to feel more ordered and clean and basically the way I like it.  Oh, and everyone has plenty of clean underwear again, which is always a good thing. =)

I can't let this month pass without sharing the following photos with you - or so says my husband. :)  At the beginning of the month my sweets, along with my dad, took Gabe to the MCAS Miramar Air Show.  We weren't sure if Gabe would be ready to go this year; he does not like loud noises, never has.  And of course these shows are very loud - hello jet engines!  But, Gabe loves all things mechanical and jets and airplanes are definitely one of his loves so we decided to let him go.  We figured if he got really scared they could just leave; after all the show is free and it was sweets' day off.  Turned out he loved it and he has been talking about the show off-and-on ever since.  He truly had a wonderful time.

Part of what my husband loves about the air show are not just the aerial demonstrations - which are very cool of course - but the static displays and the opportunity to get to meet a few of the men and women who serve in our armed forces.  I don't know this gentleman's name, but Gabe calls him the smiling man.  Thank you smiling man, whoever you are, for being a good sport and posing for a photo with my little guy!


Gabe looks rather serious here, like he has a job to do:


Looking down the barrel of a Stinger rocket launcher:


Holding the rocket launcher:


Both of my boys had a lot of fun. :)  The little one stayed home with mommy, and while he was sad when daddy and "B" left, he quickly got over it and we ended up having a nice day together too.

I hope to post photos soon from our other adventures this month.  I've also been enjoying the cooler weather - which I can hardly believe it but the weather truly has cooled down this fall.  Usually we don't get cooler days until early to mid-December.  So that is definitely something to be thankful for. 

One last thing, I added a new widget to my sidebar.  The Liturgical Year widget from Catholic Culture.  Catholic Culture is one of my daily reads.  Their website is such a great resource; they have so many great articles and commentaries on the relevant topics of our day.  They even have the entire catechism online!  If you have questions about your Catholic faith, or if you have questions about Catholicism in general, give them a visit.   

Until next time, God bless.

1 comment:

  1. that is such a cool widget! must check it out.
    I SOOOO wish I had known about your back issues. I have the PERFECT lower lunbar support pillow that I used while experiencing extreme lower back issues a few years back. It's just sitting here and could have taken a little trip with "blue". I think I got it at a medical supply store though... FYI.

    love the pics from the airshow!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...