September 29, 2010

A Very Happy Birthday

Last week this little guy turned two years old:


We celebrated with a party in our backyard.  A Blue's Clues party to be specific.  Gabe had a Blue's Clues party when he turned two years old too.  I guess we're creating a sort of tradition around here.  Nathan loves Blue, it's really sweet.  He sleeps with a big stuffed Blue and a little stuffed Blue every night.  Here he is blowing out his birthday candle (well, at least he tried to blow it out himself; he really did):


Nathan enjoying his cupcake and wearing his Blue ears; so cute!


I don't know who was more excited about this party, Gabe or Nathan.  Okay, actually, I do know.  It was definitely Gabe.  All week long he kept asking about all the party preparations we were doing.  He had so much fun; goodness he loves party blowers:



The finale of the party was hitting a piñata.  My mother, abuela, nearly had a panic attack when I told her we weren't having a piñata.  So the day before the party her and my sweets went out to find one.  Not hard to find where we live.  I'm not trying to make a pun here, but it was a big hit.  =) 

In every photo I have of Nathan hitting the piñata his eyes are closed:


After a few hits he had had enough.  I'm sure he had no idea what was going on.  Gabe on the other hand, figured out the goal right away:


He and my mother were in their element.  In all seriousness, I'm not sure who had more fun:


Of course, our other guests enjoyed hitting the piñata as well.  We were blessed to have some of our favorite friends there for the occasion.  In particular, two friends that we haven't seen in quite some time were able to attend.  All-in-all, the party was a success.  So, happy birthday Nathan, we love you!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you as well and excited to get to know you over the next several months! This is going to be fun! Love your blog header by the way. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness- love Blue. I have the most adorable Blue costume size 2... hint hint. Need one?
    So glad to see you as an Ella girl! I'm starting LOAD this month, so I'll finally be getting back into a creative groove!
    Happy Feast of St. Therese and feast of the Guardian Angels (tomorrow)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww:) Looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...