September 10, 2010

On my mind

Things have been a bit busy lately in our little home.  My mother-in-law was in town last week for a visit.  I think you all know that means.  Well, if you're like me you know what it means - lots of cleaning and organizing before her arrival.  Trying my best to actually get ahead of the housework since I knew I wouldn't be able to get much done during her visit.  We also finished painting the boy's room before she arrived and hung the curtain rods.  Now I just need to hem the curtains; going to try to get that done this weekend.  We also decided to get some new furniture for their room.  Nothing too fancy or expensive; a trip to IKEA is in our future.  IKEA recently came out with a new line of children's furniture called Stuva.  We have a few pieces from their Trofast collection and they have held up well - even against Nathan the Destroyer.  My opinion of IKEA is basically, you get what you pay for.  I think some of their pieces are actually pretty decent quality.  You just have to be very selective when shopping there.  Maybe when their room is all done I'll do a before and after post, but I'm not making any promises, just don't want to disappoint.  Let me assure you though, their room has undergone quite the transformation.

Let's see...  I wanted to share a couple of new websites that I found.  Both focus on organizing and simplifying your life.  One a bit more broadly than the other, but I've already found lots of good ideas on both:  Small notebook for a simple home & creating peace.  For all I know, you are already familiar with these, but in case you're not... 

Also, as I was organizing my bookmarks I came across an old favorite, Domestic Ease, where I found a beautiful image of Rome from atop St. Peter's Basilica.

This is not the same image as the one at Domestic Ease, but it does capture the same view:




isn't it beautiful?  Rome remains my all-time favorite city. 

Do you have a favorite city?  What about a favorite organizing blog or website?  I love organizing so I'm always open to new ideas and inspiration.  :)

I hope to be back soon.  It always takes me a while to recover from a change in my routine.  I'm such a creature of habit.  For better or for worse.  Until next time, I hope you have a lovely weekend & God bless.

Update 10/8/2010:  I've been having a brief, but interesting, discussion about copyright with fellow WCSer Elizabeth.  Because of that discussion, I've decided to remove the previously posted image of Rome with the one you now see above.  I had convinced myself after considerable searching that the previous image was probably part of the public domain.  But the truth is, I wasn't 100% certain.  The image above is a part of the public domain and so I post it without hesitation.

3 comments:

  1. Favorite city is tough...I will say Walland, TN as that is where I have the privilege to live with my perfect man. A man of patience and love and friendship. Yeah, and when we have visitors, it's always a whirlwind of cleaning and organizing and clearing out here, too! Then, all to do again when company leaves, ugh.

    I am honored to be on your INSPIRATION list. And, believe it or not, I actually sketched one of my last 3 layouts, with you as inspiration. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo ... it's on my vision board from a couple of years ago :) Myself? I have far too many favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful city indeed, though I have only been there in my imagination (and only in ancient times; Latin and Roman history are some of my favorite areas of study!) My favorite major U.S. city is Washington, D.C. hands down. I am most at home there. But I love a good downtown in any smaller town, anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...