April 7, 2010

7 Years Ago...

I saw this strawberry-almond tart on the cover of Cooking Light magazine and this weekend for Easter I finally made it:


It was fairly good, but I think that next time I will make it, well, not light.  I'm not really one for light desserts.  If I'm gonna do dessert I'm gonna go all the way.  So next time I plan on using full-fat cream cheese (and probably more of it).  I'll probably also fold in some whipped cream just so it's not so dense.  I think there needs to be a little more balance between the filling and the strawberries, but that's just me.  It is very pretty though and I'm glad I took a photo of it because the only people who saw this to appreciate it were me and my husband.  Which leads me to my next thought and that is that living away from family stinks when special days like Easter come around.  My husband and I both hope and pray for the day when we can live closer to at least one set of grandparents.

We had a lovely Easter though, just the four of us.  Simple and happy and blessed. 



On a completely separate and unrelated note, I've been thinking a lot about this blog.  I went back to my first post and read what I had written there and tried to remember why I started this blog in the first place.  I don't even know if anyone is reading this aside from my sweets.  I suppose it shouldn't matter.  I guess I'm just thinking out loud and probably not making a whole lot of sense.  I have a lot of ideas for posts, but I never seem to get around to writing them.  Hmmm, can you say procrastination?  (You could also say that life with two little boys is loud and busy and tiring and I often don't have too many quiet moments to write coherent blog posts.  Hence the rambling.)  But maybe these two topics are not as unrelated as I first thought.  Sort of like the tart above I always wind up thinking about things way too much and not actually doing them.  I most definitely have perfectionist tendencies and it has been a struggle for me to overcome them.  It is a continuous process.  With that said, I'm just going to end this post here with a promise to myself (and to you, whoever you are) that I will try to do better.

1 comment:

  1. i can SO relate to that last paragraph and just wrote a shorter but similiar thought last week on my randomosities post. time seems to be escaping me lately...

    ps. that tart looks so great! if you could see the recipes I've been collecting since high school that I've not quite gotten around to making... you'd LOL. I just made a strawberry avocado salad a few weeks back that has been a regular at our table lately. I've had THAT recipe for EONS!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...