January 23, 2010

March for Life 2010

Friday was the 37th annual March for Life. The very first march took place on January 22, 1974 and had an estimated attendance of 20,000. This year the estimated attendance is somewhere between 250,000 and 400,000! I am so proud to say that my mom was one of the marchers! Go mom! She called me on Thursday night to tell me that she had just returned from the Solemn Mass for Life celebrated at The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. She was excited about the march and asked us to record it for her since it would be airing live on EWTN.

For all the coverage and commentary I've been visiting the National Catholic Register's website. Lots of interesting commentary and insights there, especially this article. As Mark would say, go check thou out. Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...