September 4, 2009

Small Reminders of God's Love

Hmmm, so, I'm not very good at blogging apparently. Here's something I meant to post a couple of weeks ago, but just never got around to it.

I won't go into too much explanation here, but California is not my or my husband's home state and we have had a difficult time adjusting to life here. Really, I'm not sure I could go into detail even if I wanted to. Some of the things that have been hard to adjust to are easy to pinpoint, others not as much. There are many things about our lives here that are good and blessed and have brought us joy. I certainly don't want to seem unhappy or ungrateful for our many blessings. Because there are many.

One of the things that has been a gift in our lives is the absolutely gorgeous produce that is available here in California. We try not to be too particular about food, in the gluttonous sort of way. I learned from the nuns in school that being a picky eater was one form of gluttony; wanting your food to be just so or only eating certain foods. We do try to eat healthfully though; lots of fruits and vegetables and I try to limit the processed foods we eat. The beauty, freshness, variety and availability of all the fruits and vegetables here in California makes us aware of God's great gift of creation to mankind.

I got these figs a few weeks back and they were so beautiful and delicious. Such a simple thing, but it really did illustrate for us that God is good and that even in such a small thing as a fig he is so generous to us.


1 comment:

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...