August 18, 2009

Routines

I have been thinking a lot lately about routines. There are so many things that I want to do in a day, and only so much time to do them. I tend to be the type of person who enjoys order and structure and a certain degree of predictability. With my oldest boy this was never a problem and as an infant he pretty much fell into a routine on his own; I just followed along. I was able to do what I wanted and needed to do because I always knew when mealtime and nap time would come and when I'd have a chance to accomplish a certain list of tasks.

Ethan on the other hand, seems to have no predictable pattern to his day whatsoever. He just sleeps and eats when he wants and it's not at the same times everyday (and forget about trying to get him to sleep or eat during the day when he's not ready - this does not work; been there, tried that, moving on...). I suppose that I don't really mind it so much. This works for him. I figure that if anything, I am the one who needs to adjust rather than forcing him into a schedule that he doesn't really like. Our day has a flow and a rhythm; just not a set schedule. And I think that's okay, it has just taken me a little while to get used to that. So right now, I am trying to figure out how to best fit in some other activities into the framework of our day. It is definitely a process.

And along those lines, I have found it just a little more than difficult to post to this blog. There are a few reasons for that,but the main one is just a matter of it not really being a part of my routine. There are a lot of times that I think of something I'd like to write about, or a photo I'd like to post, but it is not so easy for me to sit at the computer and actually do that. There are some logistical reasons for it too, and I'm pretty sure they are much too boring to detail here. And I'm pretty sure that the only person who reads this blog is my husband (hi sweetie!) so I'm not sure that I even need say all of this anyway. Basically, I am working on the logistical issues and I'm working on making this part of my routine. So hopefully, sometime in the near future, there will be more posts. And therefore more for my husband to read.

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...