July 16, 2009

what she making?

One day while I was making dinner I heard my oldest son ask my husband, “what she making?” I couldn’t help but laugh. “She,” you know, “that woman” in the kitchen. It was funny then, and I still can’t help but laugh when I think about it (and actually, he now asks this almost every night at dinnertime).

And I think about that moment often.

When I was trying to think of a name for my blog, this memory popped into my mind. And I asked myself, what am I making?

Honestly, I’m not always sure.

What I am sure about is that of all the things I am making, the most important thing I do is to make a home for my family that is filled with love. God’s love. Christ’s love. Love for one another (John 13:34). That is definitely my most difficult task and one that I struggle with daily.

But life is not all seriousness. And when I’m not contemplating the deep mysteries of my faith, I’m making other stuff too (stuff that I am certain will not endure into eternity). I love cooking (in fact, I used to joke back when I was in graduate school that if I didn’t cut it as an engineer my dream job would be pastry chef). I make some pretty mean desserts - just ask my husband. And when I’m not in the kitchen, or doing a load of laundry, or any of the other millions of things a mom does, I’m scrapbooking. Again - you can ask my husband. Scrapbooking occupies a lot of my free time. And more than likely, that’s what I’ll be sharing here. Some thoughts on my Catholic faith, and my faith journey, some of my culinary experiments, and a lot of scrapbooking.

And in all honesty, I’m still not sure that I’m blogger material. But, we’ll see how it goes…

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome blog; I'm so excited to be with you from the beginning. Clearly, you are an intelligent and witty person; and you have a nice looking family, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for taking the time to comment. I love comments and I love hearing from you!

If you'd like, you can also email me at donnajannuzzi {at} gmail {dot} com

Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...